Friday, April 21, 2006

Revolutionary QOTD:
Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper.
-George Orwell.
I'm not sure when he said this, but I'm sure they didn't have Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC or CBS News back then. So I think one could safely substitute any source of news above in place of "newspaper" and the statement would still be true. It was hard to pick just one quote from Orwell, as it is often hard to pick one from most people worth quoting at all. I used two from Bob Marley and rather than make a habit of doing that I will use him another day. But it is especially hard to pick one from Orwell because of the times we live in, with the Bush Administration in the White House and the newspeak and deception they used to justifiy the Iraq war. There are dozens of quotes that apply, but this one relates best to another post I plan to write shortly. So, there it is.

No comments: