Monday, April 17, 2006

More journal randomness....

I saw a picture of the mother earth from space. I studied her face. I saw no borders. None between the United States and Mexico to make one person legal and another illegal. I saw no border between Christian, Muslim or Jew to justify terrorism or war. None between Protestant or Catholic. None between Buddhist or Hindu. No division between Sunni, Shiite, or Kurd. Between black or white or red or brown or yellow people. None between a rich man or a poor man to justify one being treated better than another. All I saw was a blue true sphere. A mother who nourishes her children. No matter how her children treat each other over differences you can't see from not so very far away. I saw. One world.

Photo of earth, western hemisphere courtesy of NASA.

No comments: