Saturday, March 08, 2008

Revolutionay Quote of the Day: Gloria Steinem

From pacifist to terrorist, each person condemns violence - and then adds one cherished case in which it may be justified.
-Gloria Steinem.

Today's RQOTD is from an icon of the feminist movement, author, journalist, founder and publisher of Ms. Magazine, Gloria Steinem. Ms. Steinem was in the news recently for, though I am a fan of hers, I have to admit, an unfair and unwarranted criticism of John McCain's service to our country as a POW. McCain's service to our country should be honored. Not many people could have gone through what he went through and survived to tell the story. I think Ms. Steinem was wrong to minimize it. Now if she had called John McCain bat crap crazy, I'd have no problem with that.

Update:
When I woke up this morning and looked at this quote it seemed vaguely familiar. That's because it's a repeat. I had posted it before.

No comments: