Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fat Lady Sings a Different Tune

I'm going to need a couple ice cold ones to wash down my own words that I have to eat after the Lakers blew a 3-1 lead in the first round playoff series to the Suns. Specifically,
I see the Lakers going to at least the Western Conference Final, and I see some disappointed Clippers fans in the future.
And....
I saw the Flash intro the Suns have on their web site. Sorry to say it, but the fat lady is tuning up and it's pretty much over.
Well, the fat lady sang a different tune than the one I was expecting. But being a lifelong Cubs fan has prepared me well for these kinds of disappointment. This is a young Lakers team and it was an accomplishment to go as far as they did this year. They are steadily improving. So it is with a little more conviction than I had when I said it every year about the Cubs that I say, wait till next year....

No comments: