Monday, February 18, 2008

Sir Charles Blasts Fake "christians"


Love him or hate him, you have to give Sir Charles Barkley credit for always speaking his mind. It's not always a virtue, but you can't say that he ever lied about how he felt. I think Charles is expressing the frustration a lot of us feel after almost eight years of George "Mission Accomplished" Bush, and the rest of the chickenhawk Neo-Cons, and the christian Wrong.

I may not be the first, but I'd like to start the practice of referring to their ilk as the small "c" christians. That is the ones who think they can stand as judge and jury on the lifestyles and morality of everyone else in the world. As opposed to the large "C" Christians who are living an example of being Christ-like. I doubt whether speaking his mind like this will get Barkley elected Governor of Alabama. If I was a resident, I'd vote for him. We may have to give Sir Charles a new moniker and dub him Reverend Barkley, because he makes me want to say, Amen!

-Fight the powers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I had no idea Mr. Barkley was throwing his hat in the ring in a few years. Good for him. I particularly relished hearing someone express an unpopular polarized position with such unyielding fortitude. And the bonus is it's a position I share. Hope he maintains it. We need his strength. Oh yeah, thanks for the literary distinction between the fake christians and real (live like Christ) Christians.

arevolutionofone said...

Thanks Millie. Sir Charles always speaks with unyeilding fortitude. Though it's not always said in those terms. Most just say he talks a lot of smack. He's my favorite sports commentator because he tells it like it is, or at least how he feels it is. He never holds back because he's afraid of what someone might think or say about it. Gots to give him props for that.